9.30.2011

Welcome Fall...


The one red leaf, the last of its clan,
That dances as often as dance it can,
Hanging so light, and hanging so high,
On the topmost twig that looks up at the sky.
~Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Source: weheartit.com 


The weather is getting cooler, the wind is blowing and the leaves are changing colors. This is one of my favorite times of the year.  And of course it's a great time to change colors in the house and start decorating.
I love using burlap, wicker baskets and natural colors.  Along with chipped paint and old picture frames.




I thought I would start decorating with my front door. Here's a bit of inspiration I found in blog-world. I'm trying to decide if I want to decorate with the fall colors or with Halloween in mind.



Source From creatingreallyawesomefreethings.com

I love this simple wreath.
But then I also love this front porch with the pumpkins and mums...




Or how about a leaf garland and the pumpkins on the urns.  I need to put house numbers on my door!







































I also love the beach.  It's my favorite decorating style.  I always try to have a little bit of the beach in every room.  I instantly fell in love with this wreath from Starfish Cottage.  It has the colors and textures of the ocean...

IMG_3137


Layla at The Lettered Cottage spruced up this front door with a 
wreath from a little local shop on Tybee called Seaside Sisters.

Source: Layla at theletteredcottage.net

Happy Fall!


No comments: